I thought about trying to catch you up on things from the summer...
but let's face it... it's a lost cause.
So here's where we are now...
In sunny (well most of the time) Huntington Beach, CA!
We love it, and it seems to have taken pretty well to us too.
Cameron has started at Ernst & Young and he
says he enjoys the job and the people he works with.
Tyler has started kindergarten, and although most mornings it's tough to
get him up and dressed because he drags his feet so much,
he loves being at school for 5 1/2 hour a day, 5 days a week.
Can't say I have been too appreciative of his hour of homework
almost every day, but I guess they are trying to teach them good habits
at a young age, which I should be grateful for.
Jill gets lonely sometimes during the day not having her brother
around to bother, so she gets to enjoy a combo dance class each Wednesday.
She loves dressing up like a ballerina, and loves to practice her little
ballet/tap/jazz steps she learns from her teacher Miss Marie.
but let's face it... it's a lost cause.
So here's where we are now...
In sunny (well most of the time) Huntington Beach, CA!
We love it, and it seems to have taken pretty well to us too.
Cameron has started at Ernst & Young and he
says he enjoys the job and the people he works with.
Tyler has started kindergarten, and although most mornings it's tough to
get him up and dressed because he drags his feet so much,
he loves being at school for 5 1/2 hour a day, 5 days a week.
Can't say I have been too appreciative of his hour of homework
almost every day, but I guess they are trying to teach them good habits
at a young age, which I should be grateful for.
Jill gets lonely sometimes during the day not having her brother
around to bother, so she gets to enjoy a combo dance class each Wednesday.
She loves dressing up like a ballerina, and loves to practice her little
ballet/tap/jazz steps she learns from her teacher Miss Marie.
The studio she goes to is brand new, so they are still trying to get the word out.
There is usually only one or two other girls in her class, so Jill gets lots of attention.
There is usually only one or two other girls in her class, so Jill gets lots of attention.

Tyler's teacher is Mrs. Alvarez, and there are 30 other kids in his class. His favorite work is Math, he says it's much more fun than "that other stuff". They write in journals every week and it's been so fun to see him able to write full sentences with correct punctuation. He's great at sounding out words, but still enjoys to be read to more than to read himself. He gets very frustrated when he gets a word wrong, and yells at me when I correct him saying "NO! Mom don't tell me! I can do it myself!" I guess I just need more patience.
Here he is on his first day of school...
Here he is on his first day of school...

Tyler and Jonas (Tyler's new best friend who lives right across from us)
play together almost every day. I'm so glad we moved where he could
have a friend close by... he misses his Provo friends.
play together almost every day. I'm so glad we moved where he could
have a friend close by... he misses his Provo friends.

I just can't believe how quickly they are growing up. I've been trying to take
more time lately to enjoy the little moments and cherish the time I get to spend
with my kids. It sure does make me appreciate them for who they are, even when they
drive me crazy and make me pull my hair out.
I swear Tyler has grown more than two inches since we've moved here,
and Jill is becoming more and more independent every day.
But she still reaches for my hand every time we step outside the front door,
which makes me smile every time.
I wish I could keep them little forever... it's all happening too fast!
I guess it's good that we have another one on the way,
so I can do it all over again.
more time lately to enjoy the little moments and cherish the time I get to spend
with my kids. It sure does make me appreciate them for who they are, even when they
drive me crazy and make me pull my hair out.
I swear Tyler has grown more than two inches since we've moved here,
and Jill is becoming more and more independent every day.
But she still reaches for my hand every time we step outside the front door,
which makes me smile every time.
I wish I could keep them little forever... it's all happening too fast!
I guess it's good that we have another one on the way,
so I can do it all over again.
2 comments:
Seriously, cute kids! Love the pics of your budding ballerina.
i think its the humidity, i can't believe how much chloe has grown also. im happy you guys are in the groove. miss you.
Post a Comment