Sunday, February 8, 2009

Cabin fever

So this week was a tough one. Last weekend both Tyler and Jill were pretty sick, Ty more than Jill, with fever and coughing. So on Monday, I took both of them into the doc to make sure it wasn't amounting to anything serious. (Cameron had told me that he'd heard bonchitis was going around in our ward.) So turns out, Tyler just had a head cold. But Jill was diagnosed with bronchyitis, which I guess is caused by RSV? Anyways, I was quite surprised because I really wasn't worried about her. Guess I was wrong! So this is what we did all week, three times a day, not going anywhere...


Sad, huh? But she was a good sport about it. Just kinda bugging how it totally through off my gym schedule. She's doing much better now. We're planning on going resuming normal activities this week! Yeah!

Something pretty exciting happened this week though! My seriously cute sis, Kati, who lives here in Provo, got engaged! Mike is a way awesome guy - I couldn't ask for her to marry anyone better. And not to mention, my kids SERIOUSLY love him, which makes me love him even more! So, here's the happy couple...




Recently, Tyler has gotten into photography. It's pretty cute, but a little annoying when I upload all the pics from my camera, and find 15 photos of Lightning McQueen. Here's one of his better shots, at least he aimed pretty good! But don't you love the angle...


And here he is - scary face!...



And I'm not sure if a lot of people know this, but for the past few months, I've been working for this online company, daisiecompany.com. I'm a design these printable crafts that people buy. Well they buy the download, then put it all together themselves. Sometimes its kinda tough because the main customer base is like 50-60 year old women, so I have to try to think like them and design stuff they like, most of which I don't. But here's an example of something that I actually do like. It won't be for available on the site for another couple weeks, but I'm hoping it's gonna sell well. It's a book to hold recipe cards in. It stands up, has matching recipe cards and everything...


The week finished pretty freakin awesome though. A bunch of Cameron's cousins decided to take a girls trip to Provo (all from AZ and CA). So we hung out all day Saturday. Lunch, the mall, dinner, and a movie (PS- don't go see He's Just Not That Into You- big time waste of $$$)! I loved it! I love all his cousins, and have such a great time hanging out with them. Thanks girls for a day that I needed soooo bad! I can't tell you how awesome I think you all are! And Karis- I love that little bag you made, suuuuper cute. Can't wait for the next time we get to hang out. Just doubt it will be with out kids, bummer. I didn't have my camera on me, so I didn't get pics. But as soon as they post them on their blogs, I'll steal them and get a couple on here just to show you how much fun we all had. Girls rock!

4 comments:

dana said...

I'm impressed to see you're already back and blogging :).
It was so much fun hanging out with you this weekend! I'm really glad we girls all have fun together. You're the perfect part of the mix.
Glad the kids are feeling better!

Anonymous said...

OMGness, Katie and Tupper are engaged, wow that is so cool. But kinda weird also. You would think that maybe they could have done it while in the same ward at home, but I guess this is what happens when you move away. Well tell them Congratulations. Can't wait for the reception....

the bates motel said...

it was a way fun trip i'm glad you got to hang out w/ us! and hello i didn't know that jill had to be on a breathing machine too! that sucks! but glad she's doing better. i hope you get to go back to the gym! i'm SO ready!

Maran said...

So sad to see Jill with that thing on her mouth. This post made me worry about Hannah because she has been really sick this week. I'm glad you got a girls night out. You and I need to have one soon:)