Friday, June 27, 2008

Jilli's 1st birthday!



One year ago, from right now (11:52 pm), I was enjoying my first night's sleep in a long time- on my stomach! Unfortunately, I don't enjoy being pregnant. And I remember, the night after Jill was born, even though I was awake every hour and a half or so, I still slept so great! No more sciatica, back aches, elbows in the ribs, or peeing every 2 hours. But I would still go through all of that again (which I know I will someday) for my little baby girl. It's amazing how fast the first year of her life has gone. She's already learning to stand by herself, and will be walking in no time. I just wish I could keep her little forever. Her smile is so contagious! She makes me so happy, and is such a joy in my life. There is something about a mother and daughter relationship that you can't put into words.
We had a fun little get-together tonight with some family and friends. Nothing big, just some cupcakes and presents. Tyler opened most of her presents for her, as she found the paper the most interesting- especially when most of her gifts were clothes. But whenever she got a toy, she was the first to grab for it so she could stick it in her mouth and see what it was. She really enjoyed her cupcake! (Way more than Tyler did on his first birthday.) It was satisfying to see her shove it in her mouth and make such a mess.
Isn't that what all parents want to see on their kids first birthday? (Tyler didn't want to touch his cake at his party. His uncle Colin was nice enough to shove the poor boy's face into it instead!) It was just fun to watch Jill enjoy the attention from her family. She sure did love her birthday balloons! My little girl is growing up! I don't know if I want this next year to go by a little slower, so I can keep her little- or if I want this next year to go by fast, so we can be one year closer to being done in school! Happy birthday baby girl! We sure do love you!


Mom and Jill
June 26, 2007

Mom and Jill
June 26, 2008

8 comments:

Suman Family said...

i can't believe that jill is already one years old! time really did fly by this year. she is so cute and seems like a sweet baby. happy birthday jill!

Sara said...

Happy Birthday Jill! She looks so much older than she did even 2 months ago! She is a doll!

And your hair looks dang cute!

teresa and the boys said...

Happy birthday, Jill! The cupcake pics are great!

Kam Belly Soup said...

happy bday little jill

Jessica said...

Time does fly fast! She has grown so much!

JenniRice said...

Happy Birthday Jilly Bean!! We love you! Sorry we couldn't make it up for your party!!

Wendi I love the new hair-cut! I can't wait to see it in person! Have fun at girls camp!

Alene said...

Two cuties!

Mark said...

Fun times. Jill's a cutie and she has so many teeth.

Cameron - are you a guitarist for [insert Britpop band name here]. Looking pretty good.