So while Cameron was gone in Cali this summer, we went to visit him for 10 days! It was seriously the best trip I've probably ever taken with the kids. They were angels in the car during the drive both ways- which is crazy awesome! And the actual trip itself was so much fun! The only thing I could've done with out was Tyler's food poisening of some sort- throwing up everywhere multiple times, including at Costco- ugh. Gross. But we went to the beach 3 or 4 times, the pool, the mall, and of course Disneyland! The kids loved it all. And it was so much fun to see Cameron. A much-needed relief for me! So here it is... Our Cali trip!...
Tyler admiring his sand art?
Cameron and his bad-ace self.
Jill was seriously worn out every single day.
Too much fun for such a little girl I guess.
Too much fun for such a little girl I guess.
We got a ton more beach pictures, but none are really that great.
Anyhoo, here are the kids playing. They both loved the sand.
And had a crazy time chasing the waves.
Let me just say it was not so much fun for me taking the kids to the beach by myself. A lot of work, and Jill kept running away! So bugging.
Anyhoo, here are the kids playing. They both loved the sand.
And had a crazy time chasing the waves.
Let me just say it was not so much fun for me taking the kids to the beach by myself. A lot of work, and Jill kept running away! So bugging.
One day we went to chill at the Irvine Spectrum. The kids loved the train ride. We let them go around all by their big-kid-selves, so that was pretty cool.
Mom and Dad waiting for the kids while they're riding the train. Aww... cute couple.
They loved the ferris wheel, but we had a hard time keeping Jill seated on her bum, even with the seatbelt. She just wanted to get up and look around!
Ty loved it but isn't all that great at smiling for the camera.
First day at Disneyland! (Even my first time!) We had a B-L-A-S-T! This is on the Mickey Ferris Wheel at California Adventure. They loved that it would swing. Especially Jill- she's a daredevil.
Waiting in line for Toy Story 3D. Long line. Great ride!
Jill's most fav ride was Its a Small World. It was way cute to watch her dance and stare at all the little dolls. She probably just wanted to hug them all. We went on it two different times and we never had to wait in line for it. Awesome!
Crazy boy getting ready to get on Thunder Mountain. This was his favorite ride. I think we rode it 3 or 4 times.
Blair family sitting on Casey Jr. Train. Both kids equally loved this ride... "I think I can, I think I can..."
At the end of the first night, we were the last people who got to take our pic with Mickey. Could've been better, but hey, it was 11pm and my kids were dead. Ty wanted nothing to do with the Mouse and Jill was a bit confused I think.
Tyler and Cameron on Splash Mountain. It took a lot of convincing this kid to go on it, but Cameron is the master at bribing.
While Tyler and I went to use our FastPass on Space Mountain, Dad and Jilli went on Autopia. Tyler wasn't bummed he missed the race cars because he'd been on it earlier when Jill was asleep. And he LOVED Space Mountain. He had been on it before with Cameron, so while we were waiting in line, he told "Mom- this ride is so fast its gonna blow your clothes off! So you'd better hold onto them or you're gonna lose your clothes!" Yeah, that'd really be a scary site at the Happiest Place on Earth!
Classic pic in front of Sleeping Beauty's Castle! Who could resist? We totally went to Disneyland THREE times while we were in Cali. And each day was so awesome. The kids loved it like crazy, and we can't wait to buy our year passes when we move there next year!
We also went to meet Cameron a couple times for lunch at work. The kids loved being able to see him so much since they had been daddy-deprived for the 3 weeks prior!
My studly man in his GQ work clothes. I love it.
Suuuuuuch a fun trip. I will always remember it. (I wonder if Tyler is old enough to remember it too?) This trip made me very excited to move out there. I can totally see our little fam living the OC life! And yes, feel free to be jealous.
2 comments:
Haha! Wendi, your blog had me smiling and laughing the whole way through these posts! I love it! I miss you guys so much! I wish we could've gone to disneyland! Looks like it was an awesome trip! I can't wait to come visit you in CA next year!
How much fun was that, you know we never took our kids when they were little either, I know bad me, is there a height limit for the little ones, KC wants to take the girls next spring. When do you get to move to cali.?
Post a Comment