Sunday, April 13, 2008

On the move

Well, it's finally happened. Nothing in my house is safe anymore. Jill, who's now 9 1/2 months, is crawling. She used to do an army crawl/scoot, but she's learned that she can get around faster when she crawls. She's also learned to pull herself up onto things, so she can reach higher. She's such a beautiful little girl. I love having a daughter.
And it's obvious now that Cameron's song was not picked as one of the top 20 in the American Idol Songwriters's contest. Oh well! It was fun to fantasize about. As I'm sure most of you know, one of his passions is writing music on his guitar. He is very talented, and already has quite the fan base! Personally, I love listening to him play/sing. That is actually how he proposed to me... I was an EFY counselor and he showed up to the Variety Show as the last act and performed a song he'd written for me in front of everyone. He finished with getting down on one knee and popping the questions. It was surreal, and we were both famous around Indiana University for a day. So I'm quite fond of his talent. Someday, he wants to record all of his music professionally and put it all on a cd. But, we'll see.
Friday, Tyler was lucky to have our neighbor Kelly, and his 2nd cousin, Chloe, come over to play for a few hours. They always have a blast playing with each other, as I'm sure you can tell. We made some yummy cookies, and even though it was quite messy, each of them enjoyed pouring the ingredients in. Tyler's favorite was cracking the eggs- very messy! I know he'll miss his friends this summer when we're gone, but I'm sure he'll love making new friends!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey guys! So glad you joined in on the blogging. It's so fun to keep track of everyone and feel like we know what's going on a little better.

Hope you survive the packing!

Camille said...

I didn't know that cute story about how he proposed to you. That's so cute! That's fun that Jill is crawling.

Anonymous said...

Hurray that you guys have a blog! Now we can keep in touch over the summer! Jill will probably be walking by the time you guys come back from Arizona. It's crazy how fast they grow up. Tyler looks really cute in those pictures!

Kam Belly Soup said...

uummm those pics of our kids are so cute! i miss you guys, hope your having fun.