Saturday, May 24, 2008

A little behind...

So I know I've been pretty bad about keeping everyone updated on our family, so here's a few posts.

First, and most importantly... Cameron was accepted in the the Masters of Accounting program at BYU! Hooray! I'm so proud of my hubby. He makes so many sacrifices for our family, and still does such a great job at being dad and husband. I really hit the jackpot with him! We found out last Thursday, and had a pool party with a few friends that Saturday. We had lots of fun just hanging out and celebrating! Tyler was so excited to go down the slide, until he went underwater. I think it took him by surprise, or maybe he wasn't expecting it so suddenly, but he didn't want to do it again. It's a good thing we got a picture when we did!


Here is Tyler and her great grandmother, Oldemor (it's Norweigen, and I'm not sure if its spelled right).


There are lizards everywhere outside, and Tyler loves catching them with his dad. So here he is holding one. We have another picture of him pretending to eat the lizard, but it didn't turn out as good. I guess boys will be boys.


Just a cute picture of Jill with her bubble beard after her bath!


My sister, Jenni, just had puppies. Well, I guess she didn't but her dog did. They are weimerainers, and they are so adorable! This was the first litter, and she had 10! Crazy! So we drove down this week to see them. And Tyler loved holding them.


Jill didn't really understand the whole "be careful!" thing. But we happened to get a cute picture of her with one of the puppies.


Here's my mom with one. It was so cute how it just slept there in her hand!


And I thought I'd post a pic of me... There is something very different about me in this picture. But you wouldn't be able to tell.


If you know me really well, you'd know how much I hate wearing my glasses. Well- I can't wear my glasses anymore because I don't need them! My husband was awesome, and made me get Lasik surgery this week. I just had the procedure two days ago, and I can't even describe how good I feel! Things are still a little blurry every now and then (the doc said it's because of the swelling). But yesterday when I went in for my follow-up check, he said I have 20/20 vision! And that by Sunday (tomorrow) it should be better than that! It's crazy to think that the entire procedure took less than 5 minutes, and cost so much money. It definitely wasn't a cheap thing to do. But now I can say it was so worth it. Thank you honey so much for making me spend the money to do it. I really wasn't excited on spending that much money on myself. I felt so selfish! But he made me, and I love being able to see!

6 comments:

Sara said...

um SOOO JEALOUS! Right now my contacts are burning my dry eyes nearly shut, enjoy the surgery! And cute pics of the family! Jill looks like she is getting so big, especially with all those teeth!

teresa and the boys said...

Yay -- welcome back! Fun pictures. Especially the one of Ty sacked out after swimming. Water really takes it our of you, huh?

And congrats, Cameron -- we'll see you back out in Utah next fall!

Scott said...

First of all, I am SO excited for you that you got lasik. I can't wait for that day to come for me. Secondly, I can't believe that that is your mom. She looks like she could be your sister. You have a cute family:)

Jessica said...

WOW, I would love to get Lasik. I love my contacts but they really bother my eyes sometimes. Enjoy it, I know that my mom has.

Esther Noelle said...

That's so awesome you got Lasik! I got it a few years ago and I feel like it was one of the best things I've ever done. Amazing!

That's so great about Cameron getting into the Accounting Masters program! Good job!

JenniRice said...

Jill is too cute! When are you guys going to come visit me and the puppies again? Maybe stay a few days like you said you would? I wish I could be up there this summer with everyone having so much fun all the time!