Saturday, May 24, 2008

State Track Meet

A couple weeks ago we went down to Phoenix (about 2 hrs south of Cottonwood) to watch both my sister, Lesli, and Cameron's sister, Carly, in their high school state track meet. Lesli competed in pole vaulting (which Cameron also did in high school), and Carly competed in the hurdles. So here's some fun pics of that long day sitting in the valley of the sun!


Here's Carly sharing her water bottle with Jilli. Jill couldn't get enough!

My sister, Lesli, being silly with Tyler.


Poor Jill was wiped out. I felt so bad because there wasn't anywhere she could really sleep, and our stroller doesn't even lay down. But she was tired enough to sleep anywhere I guess.


This is Lesli starting one of her jumps. I was so impressed at how good she is! Her form was way better than any other girl there- and she's only a sophomore! She's already jumping 9 feet 6 inches, and has almost beat the school record!


There's no doubt in anyone's mind that she'll beat the record next year. I'm so proud of you Lesli! And you make it look so easy! I wonder how high I could jump? She came in 3rd at the meet. Way to go Lesli!!! (*Carly- I'm so sorry I don't have a pic of you on here. Cameron said the camera started acting funny right as you went, so he took pictures, but you weren't actually in them, or they didn't turn out. She came in 8th in the hurdles. We're very proud of you too!)


Here is Tyler and his cousin, Jenna. She's such a cute little girl, and they have so much fun playing together!

And here's a random picture of Jill. Funny story... one morning we couldn't find her! You know when it gets really quiet, and you can't find the kids, you know something is up. Well, we were expecting trouble, which is usually what it is- especially with Ty-, but this is what we found! She has discovered the shower, and loves to crawl in and out of it. So we couldn't resist capturing the moment...


No comments: