I wish I had some crazy fun things to report today, but I don't really have much. It's Sunday and it's raining, so a lot of the shops in Milan were closed and walking around was a little wet. Of course, that didn't deter Wendi, I mean we ARE in Milan, so we window shopped a bit and went into a few stores. All the big designers in fashion have flagship stores here in Milan, so you name it and we at least walked by it. We went into Versace and Giorgio Armani, and a few others that I had never heard of. We walked by a whole bunch, but I can only remember Prada, Toni & Guy, and the Ferrari store--it was clothing, not cars. There were street merchants on every corner trying to sell us an umbrella, so finally Wendi convinced me and we bought one. It's looking like it might have been a good investment, a huge storm is hitting Italy all next week--bummer. So we will try to stay optimistic.
Prada flagship store
There aren't very many sights to see in Milan, mostly just shopping, but there is the Duomo. The Duomo is the Milan's large Cathedral that sits in the middle of city center. The outside is pretty unique and doesn't really look like some of the other church-types that we have seen. It is said that one of the nails used to nail Christ to the cross is kept in the Duomo, but it's kept up very high and only brought down to the ground once a year or something. Very interesting.
Milan Duomo

inside the Duomo
We ate at this little street restaurant for our dinner. We ordered little sandwiches, Wendi got a water and I got a Fanta...most expensive soda I have ever bought. Yikes, it cost €5, which is $7, just for a can of soda. Ouch, wish I had known that before I bought it. Then, when it was time to pay, their credit card machine was down, so I had to run and find an ATM and get cash. It was all fine though, our waiter was cool about it all.
So I was really hoping that I would be able to say with pride that I took Wendi shopping in Milan for Mother's Day, but I can't really take any credit because we didn't buy anything. Of course everything was expensive, we knew it would be, so I promised her that the next time I bring her to Milan that she can buy whatever she wants...so it may be a while.
This next picture is Wendi in our hostel room from yesterday. She is wonderful and I just wanted to type up something telling her how much I love her. She is the person I love having all my adventures with. I love my little family and wouldn't want it any other way. I know it's been a hard day for her being without our kids--and putting up with my lack excitement to window shop in the rain--she is such a great mom. I love you, honey. You are beautiful.
Happy Mother's Day
We made it back to our little hotel and finished the night watching The Da Vinci Code--we were having Paris withdrawals. We will probably watch Angels and Demons when we get to Rome, we'll see. Now we have to decide if we're off to Venice or Florence. Tough call, given the rain. I will leave you in suspense till tomorrow about our decision.
-Cameron
2 comments:
Very sweet comments. It was really good to talk with you today. Thanks for being patient. I love you both! And I agree, Wendi is a good mom!
oh my gosh! how do they get those friggin candles to drip?!?!?!?!
-carly
Post a Comment