Sunday, May 9, 2010

To My Sweeties...

So today is Mother's Day, and I know it's supposed to be all about "mom" but my mom always said- "Without my kids I wouldn't BE a mom!" So Tyler and Jill, this one is for you...

Your dad and I are on a trip, and quite the trip it has been! We are in Europe, and we are sooo far away from you! We're having so much fun, but think about you lots of times every day. Today has been kind of hard for me though, as my heart has been aching for you! We were on a train, on our way to Italy, and I read a book about being a Mom, which probably wasn't a good idea with today being Mother's Day. But it made me think of the days that you were both born and those feelings I felt when I first held you in my arms.

Tyler, when you were born I remember when you were first handed to me, I had so many different emotions running through me. I was excited to finally be a mom, nervous that I didn't know what to do, and in love with the cutest little boy I had ever laid eyes on! I remember thinking that you were SOOO handsome! Just like your dad. That was more than five years ago and I love you more and more every day. Sometimes I don't know how I could possibly love you more, but somehow with each day that passes my love continues to grow. You are learning to read now and it is so exciting to see your little mind work. You are a VERY smart boy, and I am so proud of you for always trying so hard! I know it can be tough at times, but I promise that you can do anything if you keep trying.

Jill, it's been almost three years since I first held you. I can't believe how big you are! When I first held you I instantly felt a special bond that can only be felt between a mother and a daughter. I am so excited to continue to watch you grow. You make me laugh every day! I love to watch you dance, and I love to do girly things with you like paint your toes and put on mommy's make-up! You are so cute when you play mommy to your dolls, you will make a wonderful mommy someday! You are such a funny little girl. You have loved shoes and dressing up since before you could walk. And someday I will bring you to Europe and we will go shopping and buy shoes and dress up in fancy clothes together!

I have been so lucky to be able to stay home with you guys while your dad has been in school. Some days are harder than others, but we have so much fun together! We like to be silly, and dance, and play!

You two are so special to me, and I hope that you always know how much I love you. I am so blessed to be your mommy and I am so happy that I get to be with you forever and ever. I promise that I will always be the best mommy that I can. I promise to be there to kiss you goodbye every morning before school. I promise to hold you every time you fall down and get hurt. I promise to take care of you when you are sick. I promise to be there when your heart gets broken. I promise that I will always be there to give you advice when you do and even when you don't need it. I promise to teach you all the things that my mom taught me, and maybe even a few other things I have learned. I promise to teach you the Gospel, and to help you gain your own testimony. I promise to be the best mom that I can, because you only deserve the best.

I am sad that I don't get to talk to you today and tell you how grateful I am to be your mom, and what great kids you are! But I know that you are having fun being spoiled silly by everyone watching you while me and dad are gone.

I love you Tyler.
I love you Jillian.

Don't you ever forget it.

Lots and lots of hugs and kisses!

-Mom

3 comments:

Terry Hummel said...

wow. very sweet.

Patti said...

Ok....that was not nice to have me read this to your kids....how am I supposed to read this and not cry....Tyler listened intently to the whole thing...sorry, but Jill was not interested....Tyler isnt sure about the part of you kissing him everymorning before school...

This will be wonderful to come back to years down the road...

Glad you are able to make these wonderful memories together..

Love the bloggs...

Mom

Kam Belly Soup said...

totally have watery eyes right now. your a great mom. i will miss being by you guys.