Friday, October 9, 2009

Being Spontaneous!

It was Friday night, and a friend and I were sitting at Univ. Mall watching the kids play at the treehouse. We got to talking about how fun it would be to take a trip together, maybe sometime next year? Spring break? Mostly hypothetical-wishing talk. But then the idea popped up. "What if we just went to Vegas tonight?!" So with mostly wishful thinking, we drove home to ask the hubbies. Surely, there was no chance they would agree to watching the kids for two days while we scampered off to play. But to our great surprise! This is where we found ourselves the next night!...


We left Provo at 6am. Its amazing how nice a road trip can be when you have no kids. Seriously. Stopped in St. George for some breakfast at Denny's. We were sure to hit up the Outlets for some much needed shopping-relief. And we checked in early to our hotel so we could have enough time to get some sun by the pool before we got all dolled-up for our night out on the town. Lance Burton's magic show definitely did not disappoint! First magic show I've been to! Then after "snatching" our pic in the theater, we hit the strip. We even thought about hittin up a club, but figured we probably wouldn't even be let in in our jeans and flip-flops. Definitely not on a Saturday night in Vegas! So after staying out till 2am, we crashed in our room. Took our time the next morning hitting the road, but made it home in one piece. Such a needed trip. Such an awesome trip. Such awesome husbands we have for letting us go and watching the kids. And such a super fun friend I have! Thanks Taralee! You da bomb.

3 comments:

Kati said...

Your friend looks so cute! Too bad we didn't get to meet her on our trip. I just love reading your little blog updates. :) I still am clueless on blogging.

JenniRice said...

Wow... at least you've figured out how to comment on the blogs Kati! haha!

Wendi, I too am sad we didn't get to meet this new "BFF" of yours! hehe! Sounds like you two are a good match! Friends make life so much more fun! Its kinda nice to take a break from being MOM every once in a while and having a little giggly girl time! Glad you guys had fun!
And I have still yet to see this oh-so-talked-about "snatched" pic of yours... you little thieves!

Taralee said...

Yes.
I agree.
The entire trip was awesome.
Relaxing.
FUN.
It was so nice to go and have no particular schedule.
You rock.

PS. I'm glad you left out the part when we got back to the motel room and the first thing I did was take off my pants and then wash my feet! :) ha ha. Flip flops and dirty Las Vegas strip were not a good combo...although I'm glad I didn't wear heals.